Blake and I at the Soldiers National Cemetery in Gettysburg. It was in this cemetery that Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address. We heard an amazing story about the cemetery caretaker's wife. During the civil war her husband was off (I don't remember if he was fighting in the war or where exactly he was), and she buried several soldiers on her own, digging the graves herself, while she was, I believe, 7 months pregnant! There is a statue erected in the cemetery in honor of her.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Soldiers National Cemetery, Gettysburg, PA
Blake and I at the Soldiers National Cemetery in Gettysburg. It was in this cemetery that Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address. We heard an amazing story about the cemetery caretaker's wife. During the civil war her husband was off (I don't remember if he was fighting in the war or where exactly he was), and she buried several soldiers on her own, digging the graves herself, while she was, I believe, 7 months pregnant! There is a statue erected in the cemetery in honor of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment